I’m excited to announce my Barnes & Noble book signings at Mall of America (yes, that’s two book signings!) for the release of The Unofficial Guide to Mall of America (Unofficial Guides, 2016). The events will be held on August 6 & 13 and start at noon. Fun fact: The Unofficial Guide to Mall of America is the first guidebook written about Mall of America (MOA).
Who will be interested in a guidebook to Mall of America? The list is long but here are some of my favorites:
- Visitors. All visitors really. The book includes tips and advice on anything related to the mall (hotels, transportation, directions, parking, tips, tricks…).
- Parents. There is an entire chapter dedicated to visiting Mall of America with kids. Where to nurse, where to play, where to shop…it’s all in there. (Did you know there is a new childcare that just opened this summer?)
- Nickelodeon Universe goers. My family loves the theme park. We have spent endless hours in the park and ridden every ride multiple times. Do you hate spinning rides? We’ll tell you which ones to avoid. Confused about whether to invest in an all-day bracelet or points? The comparison is broken down so you can make the best decision for your family.
- Groups or event planners. Groups and events are a big deal at MOA. The Unofficial Guide to Mall of America has group ideas, classes and tours. We also have an interview with a mother who has planned very successful fundraising events for years at MOA.
- Makeovers. Looking to get a mall makeover? We scoop on that, too. Think hair, spas, nails, eyewear, piercings… You really could leave MOA looking like a completely different person.
- Health and fitness buffs. Are you hoping to get some exercise while visiting Mall of America? This guidebook has a chapter with all of the details. Plus, how to tell how far you’re walking around the mall and where to find outdoor running paths in the area. The best part: did you know there’s a Stroller Strides class for parents? We interviewed the owner/instructor for the book.
- Shoppers. (Funny, right?) Sure, we talk stores but we also offer insight on ideal shopping patterns and we have an interview with a personal shopper! She gives all kinds of insider information.
- Tasters. Like to taste before you buy? We’ll lead you to all of the tasty free treats around the mall: fudge, cheese, whisky, popcorn…there’s a long list.
- Partiers. We direct you to the happiest happy hours.
- It’s your birthday! We offer insight on places that host birthday parties and even scavenger hunts (note; you don’t have to be celebrating a birthday). We even have list if you want to create your own scavenger hunt.
- Boy and Girl Scouts. Mall of America is a big scouting destination. Did you know you can earn badges and fun patches at MOA?
- Homeschoolers. There are a lot of learning opportunities throughout MOA.
- Locals. Are you a local Minnesotan thinking this book is not or you? Well, if you have friends and family who visit and insist on visiting the mall – then THIS book really is for you, to pass along to them.
- Book signings and celebrities. Barnes & Noble teams with Mall of America regularly to bring a variety of top celebrities for author events (usually held in the Rotunda with plenty of security). These events are great fun!
I could go on and on but those are just a few highlights that come to mind.
I hope to see you at Barnes & Noble at Mall of America August 6th and 13th!