Over the past few years, Courtyard by Marriott hotels have steadily rolled out a brand-new lobby concept throughout the United States. The new look features modern and sleek (yet warm and inviting) decor, plenty of open space and comfortable seating; laptop friendly work stations and free wi-fi; The Bistro quick-serve breakfast, snacks and dinner menu; GoBoard touch screens for visitors to learn more about the local attractions, weather and transportation; and easy Boarding Pass printers.
The Courtyard Refreshing Business lobbies are indeed inviting, as I experienced last year during a stay in downtown Denver, one of the recently renovated locations. While business travelers certainly appreciate the new lobby services and amenities, as a mom, I think The Bistro is especially great for traveling with kids. Many of the menu items are healthy and kid friendly, plus they are prepared quickly: scrambled eggs, French toast or oatmeal in the morning, then burgers, pizza flatbreads, chicken wings and Caesar salads later in the day. Plus coffee, beer and cocktails!
As of today 500 Courtyard by Marriott lobbies throughout the United States have been totally refurbished with this new look. Over halfway done, Courtyard’s remaining 300 U.S. properties are projected to be completed in 2013. To celebrate the 500th renovation for Courtyard, the hotel brand has teamed up with The Vacation Gals to give away a $300 Courtyard by Marriott gift card to be used toward a stay at any renovated Courtyard property in the continental United States. To enter, just check out this list of renovated U.S. Courtyard properties and tell me in the comments where you’d like to stay!
Here are the details:
- Leave a comment below telling me which renovated Courtyard by Marriott property you’d like to visit and why.
- For another entry, Tweet the following, and then tell me you did in the comments (for a total of two comments daily maximum):
I entered to win a stay at a renovated Courtyard by Marriott @thevacationgals: http://bit.ly/marriottlobbies
- You may leave comments (again, up to two daily: one answering my question; one telling me you Tweeted) until 8 p.m. (Mountain Time) Tuesday, May 1, 2012.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- We’ll do our best to weed out repeat entries from the same household (duplicate IP addresses in one day), but we’re not superhuman. Please, as an individual, just comment up to twice daily — don’t try to dupe the system.
- Immediate family members of The Vacation Gals are not eligible to enter.
- You must be 18 and have a U.S. mailing address to enter.
- We will enter the total number of comments into random.org to generate a winning comment numbers. Winners’ names and winning comment numbers will be announced at the bottom of this post May 2, 2012.
- If winner does not respond to two emails announcing his/her win within five days, another comment number will be chosen.
- Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.
- The $300 gift card should cover two nights of accommodations at most U.S. locations (though depending on the time of year and the destination, winner may have to chip in for the balance, or use the gift card toward a one-night stay).
- Gift card expires August 23, 2012.
This contest for a gift card toward two free nights at a renovated Courtyard property in the continental U.S. was sponsored by Courtyard by Marriott. I will also receive a complimentary two-night stay at a renovated Courtyard property. Photos courtesy Courtyard by Marriott.
UPDATE: Congrats go out to commenter #112 Gina Maddox — she’s our winner, as her number came up via random draw at Random.org.