Many of us travelers love our coffee. My husband and I keep our favorite coffee shops plugged into our car’s navigation and when traveling we hunt for the closest coffee shops to our hotel long before we’re in need of some java. Now that I’m back to traveling for work my caffeine doses are more important than ever – but I have to watch my wallet, as coffee on the road is very, very pricey. Watch the flight crews cruising the airports and you’ll notice that many are carrying their own coffee cups.
That’s where Planetary Design Premium Travel Press comes in. If you don’t know what a French press is, it’s a alternative coffee brewer. The grounds are brewed in water. When the coffee is ready the grounds are pressed down on the plunger. The coffee grounds remain at the bottom and your coffee is ready to drink. One tip: use coarsely ground coffee over finer ground which might seep through.
This glossy, scratch-resistant finish coffee press looks cool, but there’s more to it than meets the eye. The handle is sturdy with reinforced attachment points and caribiner friendly for easy attachment for attaching to carry-on bags or backpacks.
There’s even a secret screw-in compartment to keep extra grounds – or even your keys! The patented plunger press is designed with an ultra-fine, stainless steel mesh screen.
What I like about the Planetary Travel Coffee Press:
1. I can drink my own coffee on the road. Whether I’m traveling by air or car, it’s nice to know I can have a good cup of coffee no matter where I am, assuming I packed enough of my own brand. Even if I forget my coffee I can snag the coffee packets from the hotel room and use them later.
2. It’s good for the environment. Reusable anything helps save our planet, but disposable coffee cups are pure waste. Americans used an estimated 23 billion paper coffee cups in 2010. Wow.
3. Even if I want to stop at a coffee shop in the airport I can use my own mug and I might just get a discount for using my own cup.
4. These are great gifts. With the holidays soon arriving the Planetary Design Premium Travel Press makes a great gift for the traveler in your life. And you can choose from six colors.
5. It’s easy to use. Just put the coffee grounds in, add water, let it brew, press and enjoy. Really, it’s that simple.
6. If you’re a tea drinker the press works for loose leaf tea, too.
I love my Planetary Travel Coffee Press. If you’re looking for a new coffee cup or a travel coffee press check out Planetary – there’s a variety of other great products, too. Happy travels and coffee drinking!