If you haven’t heard, all of the cool kids are wearing Scottevest. And there is a good reason. In this tech age we’re all grasping for the best way to organize our stuff, especially when we travel, from phones and iPads to all of the other items that we love to have within reach like car keys, hotel room keys, sunglasses, gum, lip gloss and the list goes on. Lucky for all of us, Scottevest has solved the problem for both genders. Last weekend hundreds of travel bloggers arrived in Keystone, Colorado for the annual TBEX Conference and one of the perks of attending (or should I say swag) was the gift of a Travel Vest by Scottevest. Since everyone attending the conference is addicted to tech on some level this was a brilliant move by Scottevest. Not only are we as a group the perfect market for but so are our readers.
To start, the Scottevest Travel Vest has 17 (!) pockets of all sizes, so you can basically carry anything you need for a day’s outing including a book, iPad, phone, wallet and, moms, you can even turn this vest into a diaper bag,; there’s room for diapers, wipes and bottles. The vest is surprisingly lightweight and there are so many features, such as a keychain in the right hand pocket and hidden tunnels called CollarConnect for your earbud wires which means no more tangled messes as well as BudBucket Pockets to stow your earbuds when they’re not in use. There’s also Pen Pockets, a Digital Camera Pocket and MyMemory Pocket for memory cards. There’s even – my favorite – a place for a water bottle with a loop for securing it! Just take a look at the image below and you’ll see why this vest is so cool. In the meantime, here are my top five reasons for why it was love at first sight…
1. Style. Honestly, after hearing Rolf Potts’ talk about his six-week no-bag tour with Scottevest I was anticipating masculine-style products. Was I ever wrong. When I went to try on the Travel Vest it reminded me of my down winter vests minus the fluff and way more flattering. And there’s actually color choices of colors: Hunter Green, Black, Red and Grey. I opted for the red.
2. Ladies can ditch their purses and guys can lose their man-bags. I love hand bags. My closest holds way more than I need and in every color. However, the thought of going somewhere, from a theme park to hiking to snow shoeing hands-free sounds absolutely dreamy to me and now it can happen.
3. Makes airline security a breeze. You may not even need a carry-on with this with this one. After TBEX, Twitter was abuzz about the breeze of airport security with Scottevest. How easy is it to just take off the vest and throw it in the security bin? Pretty darn easy I say. Which also leads to…
4. Safety. Theft at airport security doesn’t happen all of the time but it does happen. In fact, I’ve seen people in panic mode when they realized someone picked up their iPod or wristwatch out of the small bins when they were pulled aside for additional screening. With Scottevest you simply remove the item, jacket or vest, and your wallet, phone and any other electronics are secured within the secret compartments. But the airport isn’t the only place to be concerned about safety. People are pick-pocketed, especially tourists, all of the time but when you’re items are hidden and secured in your Scottevest product (there’s a lot more choices than just the vest) it’s impossible for anyone to swipe your belongings – unless you remove your vest and make it accessible. In other words, be cautious when you remove your vest in public.
5. You’ll feel like a super hero. No matter what you stash in your vest you’re going to feel pretty clever – think MacGyver. Honestly, the photo of the Travel Vest below doesn’t do it justice. You have to see it to believe it.
Thank you Scottevest for treating us TBEXers to your fine Travel Vest.