The Ranch at Laguna Beach is a perfect weekend getaway spot in Southern California. Hidden off the beach, in Aliso and Wood Canyons, it’s designed to feel remarkably “away from it all” despite being so close to the beach in a pretty, popular coastal vacation town. But, Southern California is overall such a pretty, palm tree-infused part of the world, why would anyone living here feel the need to get “away from it all” in the first place? As a resident, I have thoughts on this.
Life in Los Angeles can be stressful; the traffic, the high cost of living, the constant low-level worry that we’re not doing enough for our kids all add up to moms like me relishing weekend getaways more than you might think. Fortunately, L.A. is also an awesome place to live, what with the world-class entertainment and museums, beaches and mountains, and neighborhood diversity that makes Los Angeles feel like a bunch of small towns rather than one big teeming mass of a city. Come tourism season, all those beaches and museums get really crowded! Hence, my thoughts that those weekend getaways, also world-class and of international renown, be easy drives from Los Angeles. Laguna Beach, Dana Point and even La Jolla to the south all make for great weekend getaway spots. Laguna Beach, in particular, can be a lovely coastal drive from Los Angeles and is a fun, beachy artsy town with properties to match that friendly, relaxed Southern California feeling. The Ranch at Laguna, in particular, makes for the perfect weekend getaway for families, couples, and harried moms who need a break from parenting concerns.
The Ranch at Laguna Beach is especially noteworthy right now because it’s had a massive renovation. As of this writing (March, 2016), it’s technically still being rehabbed, however, reservations are being accepted already for sneak peeks. Because of the ongoing beautification, rates are currently lower. This makes for a great opportunity for the frugal among us; a luxury stay in a truly lovely setting is more affordable right now. The official “due date” for completion of this renovation is June 2016, which makes sense, as summer vacations in Laguna Beach are so popular.
Look at the Southern California charm: the relaxed, laid-back culture joins luxury and pampering at The Ranch at Laguna Beach so well that it’s hard to imagine The Ranch anywhere else.
The Ranch at Laguna Beach has an activities calendar that is chock-full of fun things to do. These are just a few activities that sound terrific.
- Ranch House has docent programs which can focus on local wildlife and botany, bird-watching, history (the main lobby, by the way, has lots of historic memorabilia) and more.
- Golf, at Ben Brown’s Golf Course, winds players through Aliso and Wood Canyons, so that playing golf here feels private, natural, and elite.
- The Ranger Station Kid’s Camp will open when the renovations are complete, and allows children to golf, to play, to learn about marine life, and much, much more that is fun for kids — and no video game room!
- The saline pool, called “The Pond,” has luxury services and amenities normally associated with 5-star resorts.
- And, of course, The Ranch at Laguna Beach is very close to the Pacific Ocean. Tidal pool exploration, sunbathing, splashing in the waves, dolphin and whale watching are among the usual daily beach activities supported by a stay at the Ranch at Laguna Beach.
Of course, if “nothing” is on your weekend getaway to-do list, there’s plenty of that, too. The Sycamore Spa is a 3,000 square foot spa, indoors and outdoors, with garden and sea therapies. The private rooms includes a Couples Suite, and the indoor-outdoor flow of Sycamore Spa relaxes the mind.
From morning breakfast smoothies brought right to your patio, to Golf Twilight and Super Twilight in the late afternoon, to nighttime s’mores, there’s something relaxing and fun any time during a weekend getaway at The Ranch at Laguna Beach. Naturally, doing nothing at all is relaxing in and of itself, and come summertime, there will be hardly a prettier place to relax in Laguna than The Ranch at Laguna Beach. It’s bound to be the next popular getaway for anyone needing a break from Los Angeles life.
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored partnership with The Ranch at Laguna Beach in Southern California. Check out The Ranch at Laguna Beach, and remember, rates are reduced during this preview period.