I have a handful of “rice sacks” (lavender-scented fuzzy ones and homemade ones made out of socks!) that I heat up in the microwave, applying them on sore spots when I tweak my neck or back muscles (usually by sleeping funny), but the heat dissipates quickly. Since trying two ThermaCare HeatWraps to help relieve my most recent muscle tightness, probably due to long-haul travel to and from Australia, I’m a new convert to these over-the-counter products.
The thin wraps aren’t bulky (like my rice sacks!) and they adhere to skin with small stickers (no, it doesn’t hurt when you pull them off). The heat cells in the wrap are activated by air, so they heat up immediately as soon as a plastic cover is peeled off. The cells stay hot for 8 hours, and the penetrating heat continues to help unlock tight muscles for 8 hours after you remove the wrap — so that’s up to 16 hours of back-pain relief.
ThermaCare is spreading the good word about its products — and helping users feel better and get back to doing the physical activities they love — with a “Rally for Relief” campaign that’s happening on Facebook right now. In fact, ThermaCare is hosting a huge giveaway of a $16,000 cash grand prize; dream travel trips to Cancun, Jackson Hole, Phoenix, Sonoma/Napa Valley, Park City, Utah, and Palm Beach, Florida; plus 16 winners each month (through October) receive a one-year supply of Thermacare products.
Just like the ThermaCare Facebook Page and then click on the “Join the Rally” logo to enter your details to win.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in sampling some ThermaCare hip and back wraps (16 to be exact) you can win some right here by leaving a comment telling us why it’s important for you to keep muscle pain at bay. Maybe you want to feel good to keep on playing golf through the summer — or maintain energy for keeping up with active toddlers — or hit the ground running when you arrive at your vacation destination.
- You may comment daily.
- You may leave comments until 6 p.m. (Mountain Time) Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Immediate family members of The Vacation Gals are not eligible to enter.
- We will enter the total number of comments into random.org to generate a winning comment number. A winner’s name and winning comment number will be announced at the bottom of this post Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
- If winner does not respond to two emails announcing his/her win within three days, another comment number will be chosen.
- Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary.
Disclosure: The Vacation Gals are being compensated to promote ThermaCare’s Rally for Relief campaign.
Congrats to our winner, commenter #10 – Aimee F. – who says: I’m hoping to start a new job soon, so I will need something to keep my back pain as minimal as possible. Congrats!