Next week is Valentine’s Day and this year the most romantic holiday lands on a Saturday — that means the romance should last all weekend long. If you and your sweetie are taking a little romantic getaway, here are some tips for spicing up your hotel room and helping your space appeal to all of the senses — no matter how many stars your hotel room is rated.
1. It’s What You Wear. The little sexy number you bring along should be easy to pack, doesn’t wrinkle and of course should be flattering. Cool Sets, with their silk-like material (made with CoolBalance moisture wicking fabric to keep you cool between the sheets), are actually ideal for traveling – they don’t wrinkle, take up only a pinch of space, they feel so soft, plus they have a variety of sexy styles for all body shapes.
2. Scent of A Woman. It’s not always easy to switch gears from airport hiking traveler to romantic love-goddess. Try transitioning with Giella’s Revitalizing Lavender Foot Spray. The scent is delightfully light and refreshing without being overpowering. Plus, lavender is known to reduce anxiety, stress and tension plus – a great way to start a relaxing romantic weekend.
3. Mood Lighting. Depending upon your hotel room, you may have to crack your bathroom door to get the right amount of mood lighting. Consider bringing a few candles (jarred candles with a lid are great for travel) or pack a dim night light.
4. Forget the TV Background Noise. Are you (or your husband) the type of person who turns the TV on the moment you walk into your hotel room just to have it on? You have to agree The Cosby Show reruns or movies like Rocky and Anchorman aren’t the most mood enhancing. Instead, bring along an HD2O.tv video and relax to the underwater footage and soft music. Many hotel rooms now include a DVD player or at least offer loaners. Otherwise, ensure your portable DVD player is compatible with the TV in your room.
6. The Tasty Stuff. Valentine’s Day and romance are synonymous with wine and chocolate and I’m thinking chocolate dipped strawberries paired with a nice Zinfandel sounds like the perfect complement to a romantic getaway.
7. Bubble Bath. Bubbles plus jacuzzi bathtub equals a good time. Enough said — just don’t forget to take off that sexy number before you get in the tub.