The Vacation Gals love Hawaii, that’s no secret. From the Big island to Kauai, the best tropical island family vacations in the world are here. One of the best social media contests we’ve heard of (for travel lovers) will allow lucky, lucky winners to have amazing, all-expense paid vacations in Hawaii: Marriott Resorts Hawaii along with Hawaiian Airlines, Hertz, and the Hawaii CVB are running a viral campaign to raise awareness of the islands. A whopping 25 trips for two can be won in this contest giveaway! In fact, there are two different ways to enter and win this contest. Really, a chance to win a free vacation in Hawaii – that’s pretty awesome.
Details, details, you’ll be wanting the details. Easy! If you’re reading this, you’re already online. If you’re on Twitter, it’s easy to enter this “Tweet Your Way to Hawaii” contest. To enter and try to win one of the 25 trips for two to Hawaii, go to @MarriottHawaiiTweets and fill in your Twitter handle and/or Facebook name, plus email. Starting August 28, one winner will be randomly selected, with Kauai, Oahu, Maui and the Big Island in rotation. Random drawings will continue every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday ending on October 21, 2009. And guess what? Winners will be announced on Twitter (check @MarriottHawaii) and on Marriott Resorts Hawaii’s Facebook page. This IS a social media contest, after all. Winners will also be emailed the good news. What does each winner get in this amazing giveaway? You’ll love it:
- Roundtrip tickets for two on Hawaiian Airlines from any of its eight US West Coast gateway cities.
- Five-night stays at one of the Marriott resorts in Hawaii, such as the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa on the Big Island and the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa on Maui
- $100 daily resort dining credit
- Hertz rental car
- Access to Hawaii attractions and activities
- Trips must be completed by December 20, 2009
The second Hawaii vacation contest giveaway is a bit more involved. This “Tweetup for Twelve” has one winner, but he or she gets to invite eleven friends and/or family members to come, too. Imagine 12 friends on a free vacation in Hawaii! To enter this contest, create and submit a YouTube video to @MarriottHawaiiTweetsby December 20, 2009. The video should basically be a fan video showing why you love Hawaii (see the website for more details), and the winner will be chosen by public voting. The highest vote-getter will be announced in January, 2010. Here’s what you get if you win:
- Roundtrip tickets for 12 on Hawaiian Airlines from any of it’s eight US West Coast gateway cities.
- Seven-night stay at any two Marriott resorts in Hawaii
- Professional group photo – talk about memories!
- Luau dinner and show
- Commemorative Hawaii state quarter (this is the 50th anniversary of statehood)
- 25,000 Marriott Rewards Points for the winner
Now, these contests are not sponsored, approved or endorsed by YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook, but the Vacation Gals sure approve of them. Anything that gets people to be able to experience the magic of a vacation in Hawaii is worth promoting, after all. Proof? My own Twitter profile page shows a photo I took of Wailea in Maui. It really is one of my most favorite places in the world for family travel. Please follow @MarriottHawaii for updates.