We accept guest blog posts from moms, dads, frequent travelers, book authors and others who have vacation-related insight that would be of interest to our readers. We do not accept posts from public-relations executives who want to promote their clients or businesses promoting their services. In fact, absolutely no promotional posts will be considered, including mentions and links in the author’s bio. For authentic posts we are happy to link to the author’s personal portfolio site or blog in their bio.
At this time we do not pay for guest posts.
An important requirement: You need to come up with your own “Gal” (or “Guy”) handle. Perhaps you write about cruising, so you’ll be CruisinGal, or you hail from Georgia, so you’ll be PeachGal. Yes, we’ll absolutely have your “real name” on the post, too (in the bio), but we thought it would be fun to spread the Gal (or Guy) love.
Here are some other hints:
- First, email us a pitch. Include what you want to write about and why you’re the best person to write it.
- If we accept your idea, try to write no more than 1000 words.
- Include a short two-sentence bio. (Disclose in your bio if you received discounted or comped travel.)
- Include no more than four contextual outgoing links total, including one to your blog or website in your bio, if you like.
- Send us two web-ready photos in jpg or gif form (not links) to use in your post.
- Write with keywords and best SEO practices in mind.
- Meet the deadline we give you.
You might also read some of the guest posts we’ve already published:
- FarFlungGal: R&R by RV at New Zealand’s Family-Friendly Holiday Parks
- HomeSwapGal: How To and Tips for a Home Exchange Vacation
- RunningGal: Discovering Disney’s Sporty Side
We look forward to reading your ideas!