Where, oh where was the amazing zooby backseat baby monitor when my first two children were infants? Since I first became a mother the rear-facing carseat position has given me anxiety. My first-born hated the car seat with a passion. He stopped screaming as soon as the car seat was turned around during the then-recommended age one. Today pediatricians recommend keeping baby car seats rear facing until at least age two. My older daughter was the other extreme. She was so quiet it made me nervous. Is she sleeping? Is she awake? Is she okay? We did have a backset mirror to see her car seat but the reflection was distorted and it always slid down. I will never forget the stress of that early era. (Sigh.)
When I heard about zooby by infanttech I about fell out of my seat. Get this! It’s a baby monitor inside a stuffed animal. Take a closer look at the nose, that’s a camera! The zooby wraps around the car headrest, keeping your baby company while you have a view of your little one in the front seat. The montitor suctions to the front window. What a brilliant idea. The price tag isn’t cheap, it comes in around $199 but most high quality baby monitors come-in at a higher price.
So why do I think zooby is the best baby car monitor? I have a number of reasons:
- Cuteness factor. The fact that a baby monitor can be adorable earns big points. Our Zachary the Zebra is precious as are his friends Emma the Unicorn, Diego the Dinosaur, and Jordan the Giraffe.
- The image is crystal clear. Cuteness aside, a product can’t just look good, it must function well. The second I turned the monitor on I could see my daughter in front of the zebra. The picture was crystal clear. It was the best image I’ve ever seen on a baby monitor.
- Truly travel friendly. zooby works in the car, at home or on the road. Oftentimes my family will stay in a suite and our little one will sleep in the other room while we’re watching TV in the other room. zooby is the perfect solution for a travel baby monitor.
- Night vision. This is self-explanatory but it’s nice to know you will have a great view of your little one even in the dark.
- Wireless and runs on battery. Neither the monitor or camera have to be hooked up to work, but don’t forget to recharge in-between uses and turn both monitor and camera off when you’ve reached your arrival. Also, if you use zooby at home you can still use it while plugged in and charging.
- Ageless. What I mean by this is even if you buy a zooby for your rear facing baby you can continue to use it as a regular baby monitor in your nursery at home or, again, while traveling or staying with relatives.
Parents today are so lucky to have such amazing and tech-driven products. Thank you infanttech for sending a review product for me to check out. You have outdone yourself. I truly deem this the best backset baby monitor.